Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Still leading Ashtanga Yoga class at Riverfront


Recently earned at Mobile AL 5K run
3rd place age group 60-65


Well, certainly a long time since last post.  I am practicing yoga and teaching two classes per week at the Moss Point Community Center, usually Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series to a few students.  Now I am an experienced E- RYT-500 yoga teacher with yoga alliance, not many reach this level in our state. I am only male listed.  The others have yoga studios they manage, but I chose to focus on the community center introduction to Ashtanga teaching and the regular practice of yoga.  This certainly keeps me in good health and active at age 64.

I have recently been training with crossfit as well and at the local gym keeping my strength and improving overall functional abilities.  Scaled for age I am doing well and now interested in stepping this up a notch, as it helps with the Ashtanga Yoga, too.  I must admit my muscles are tightening up, very noticable while doing binding poses, especially Marichyasanas A-D.

I have a new goal and started today with a 90 day program logging exercise and food intake.  Goal is to lose 10 pounds in 90 days and exercise twice per day, while posting daily results here.


Aug 21st 2013
weight 173.

Breakfast: rolled oats 1/4 cup, teaspoon flaxseed oil,  teaspoon cinnamon, whole wheat home made biscuit, cup hot lemon tea.

Strength: Floor Press 8, 6, 4, 2, 2, 2 reaching 75 lbs.
Crossfit  WOD:
400m
40 kb swings (20 lbs)
300m
30 K2E
200m
20 Push Press (45lbs)
100m
2 minute HS hold
SRx: 44/26, 95/65, abmat HSPU

cup coffee, walnuts 1/8th cup.

Lunch: large bowl salad, celery stalk, mushrooms, onions.  8 cherries, 1/2 banana.  1/2 cup chickpeas. cup green tea.

2nd Workout of DaY:
warm up,  Back squat 3 sets, 6 reps 55 pounds.  3 rounds 6 reps of chin ups, push ups, sit ups.
Cool down and stretching.

Dinner:  vegetable soup, tortilla (salt free) Chip, oat square, walnuts, cup green tea

No comments:

Post a Comment