Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pro Health and Fitness

I went to Pro health and fitness gym, and D. walked me through an exercise routine that even though three stations, each one exercised several muscle groups. I did 3 sets, 12 reps each set until the last one and did 4 sets.

lst exercise: used 30 pound bar with weights that he called jerk and press. Feet apart folded forward, lift the bar up with arms down pause then lift bar up to chest, pause, then push bar up overhead, pause, lover bar using tricips and biceps, pause, fold forward looking straight ahead, touch weights to floor and then repeat for total of 12 times. This was challenging doing for 3 sets. Resting appreciated between sets for 45 seconds.

2nd Exercise: Squats using 30 pounds on bar (with machine for safety), squat sitting back, stand up pushing bar up to top then coming up on toes, go into squat slowly and repeat for total of 12 reps, 3 sets, resting 45 seconds between sets.

3rd Exercise: Bench press using bar with 30 pounds (using machine for safety), slowly pushing up and slowly lowering down 12 reps, resting for 45 seconds between sets. This was too easy for me, so he had me do another set.

That was it. I sweated and the heart rate went up, and the quads and thighs felt exhausted. The first two exercise were most challenging. The 3rd was not, so D made me do another set.

He let me go and said come back Thursday same time. he suggested that I do some ab work and then go home.

This is a short workout but challenging. The goal is not to delay, but move thru it without wasting time.

He seemed surprised I was not feeling faint or too much out of breath. Good job. We will see how you feel Thursday. My form was very good and he said my goal should be doing 3-4 sets of each exercise until ready for increasing weight on 2nd and 3rd sets.

I looked at this as circuit training with only 3 stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment