Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Morning







Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise,especially if he goes to a yoga class called Power Vinyasa Flow.  yes, i made it to River Rock Yoga even early.  Waited with the teacher, who thought I would be the only one there.  Like usual the teacher thinks few will show up and then at the last minute several cars pull up outside and the teacher must unlock the door and let them in.  The class had same format as last time, but at the end we could do our favorite inversions.  I did my Ashtanga flow series doing four of the seven headstands, each followed by a half vinyasa.  The class went to the wall while I stayed on the mat.  I do not believe  the class had seen one doing a vinyasa after each headstand and falling on the toe mounds with vertical legs straight.  Hearing the toe mounds hit the floor I am sure many thought I had fallen.  Then after doing  Mukta Hasta Sirsasana A, then  Mukta Hasta Sirsasana B, then Mukta Hasta Sirsasana C (yes, I surprised myself doing this one) then slowly lowering the legs to floor landing on the toes doing the vinyasa and then doing Baddha Hasta Sirsasana A, B the teacher looked at me starting to come over and adjust, but she stayed clear and then said to slowly come to seated position for meditation.



While meditating I thought of the outdoor images of the Pascagaoula River Auduban Site near the River in Escatawba, MS.  doesn't this look like the Wheel Pose?

No comments:

Post a Comment