Sunday: Power Walking from Kath Smith Project You type 2 Diabetes .
From Kathy Smith’s Project You Type 2 diabetes workouts on DVD and CD and modified by myself for led class:
Stretch Yoga (30-45 minutes)
Spinal Warm ups from Ashtanga Yogi and stomach exercises then:
- Cat – Cow weaving breath with movement.
- Downward Dog
- Lift right leg from DW dog to low Lunge or High Lunge, Warrior 1 on right side, hamstring stretch right side, lunge, to Plank, lower to floor Chattaranga, low cobra, high cobra or upward facing dog, back to Cat-Cow weaving breath into movement, Downward Dog, lift left leg to rear and up, lunges on left side, Warrior 1, Hamstring Stretch, Cobra or upward facing dog.
- Child’s Pose
- Squat onto toes for toe stretch.
- Standing forward folds
- up to Standing Side stretch grabbing wrist each side
- Warrior II each side
- Wide Leg forward fold palms to floor or finger tips.
- Triangle (L&R)
- Wide leg forward fold, hands on hips.
- Triangles (L&R)
- Wide Legged Forward Fold, interlaced fingers.
- Parshvottanasana (Intense Side Stretch Posture)
- Janu Sirsasana (Face to Knee each side)
- Seated Half Spinal Twist (each side) with one leg extended
- Cobbler’s Pose A & B. If time allows, Sun Salutations A and B.
Savasana, then closing prayer.