Monday, August 9, 2010

Yoga Information

I am a yogi, Certified as an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist by Sivananda Bahamas and California College of Ayurveda, CYT, RYT 200 level of yoga alliance, Teacher Training Course TTC 2008 Sivananda Yoga Ranch located in Woodbourne, NY and TTC Joyflow Vinyasa multi-style yoga of Jackson MS, certified Red Cross first aid. Married since 1971, we have 4 grown kids, and 4 grand kids.

My passion is leading the class in Ashtanga Yoga for Life, as learned from David Williams, who learned from Patabhi Jois of Mysore India. This is ‘common sense’ yoga with emphasis on doing this wonderful style of yoga for a lifetime with out injury. Options are demonstrated for all levels. This class is a flowing meditation starting out with Sun Salutations A, Sun Salutations B, the fundamental standing poses, the Primary Series of Asanas, then the finishing poses followed by sivasana. Emphasis of the practice is building prana by connecting the breath with body movement. The class will be 1 hour and 15 minutes doing as many of the Primary Series poses as time allows keeping the sequence of Ashtanga Yoga with more poses added for variety and skill level progression.

I also teach as a volunteer yoga instructor at the local Community Center in Moss Point, MS. I am a native resident of Pascagoula and have been teaching for two years and practicing yoga since 1997.
My teaching is inspired by the many excellent yoga teachers that have shared their yoga experiences; however, I find that I learn much more from yoga students. I bow to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment